Sunday 20 May 2012

iPad Problems, Solved by a Web Search


All throughout high school, my brother and I always considered garage sales to cover our extra expenses. Since we were both into sports, we did not want to burden our parents to buy us gear and apparel for our hobbies.

My brother and I are identical twins. We are inseparable and we like sharing stuff. On our 16th birthday, Grandma got me an iPad and Grandpa got my brother a MacBook. It was a few weeks before we started college. My twin would major in Creative Writing while I would major in Culinary Arts.

Unfortunately, my twin’s MacBook crashed because he was unaware that his vents were covered by his leather bound organizer. The family worked on a tight budget because we had to pay mortgage. I knew I had to bite the bullet. I only used my iPad for reading and surfing the net. My brother used his MacBook to hand in school stuff.  I decided to sell my iPad and helped my brother buy a new laptop.
I really hoped I could dispose of my iPad for a good amount of cash. I was planning on buying two secondhand laptops which we could both use. I knew that the cash value of iPads remained high and the only solution I could come up with was to sell it. 

We tried asking friends if they were interested in buying a pre-owned iPad. It was very depressing since people always told us that they’d rather buy new ones rather than purchase an outdated model.  I was pretty cautious so I didn’t wish to sell my unit on Craigslist or eBay. If there were bogus sellers, I was pretty sure there were bogus buyers too. I only had a few weeks before the next semester started and I was getting more desperate by the day. 

Thanks to perseverance, my brother and I came upon a website that would help me sell my tablet for a decent amount of money. And you know what was even better? The website even bought broken iPads! The site was called cashforiPads.com and they claimed to buy iPads in any condition. 

I started typing keywords like “sell my iPad” on Google and this site came up. The cautious creature that I was, I checked out blogs and reviews that would verify the website’s claims before I sold my tablet to them. They had a pretty good reputation based on some reviews and ratings I came across that said “all the checks they issue have cleared” according to Fraud Watchers. They had an A+ certification from Better Business Bureau, VeriSign and TRUSTe

Reaching a certain level of confidence in the website, I clicked to officially sell my iPad. Upon doing so, I then answered some pretty no-brainer questions. They only asked about the brand, model and condition of the device. So in less than a minute I got a quote and it was a pretty reasonable offer. It was a satisfying feeling when I processed the transaction to get rid of my iPad at cashforipads.com. I never thought that I could actually sell my iPad that fast!

0 comments:

Post a Comment